History: In May of 1923 a group of Methodists in the Seneca area began to meet for Sunday school at the Utica YMCA. One year later the congregation of Ann Hope United Methodist Church was born. The present building was built and dedicated on May 6, 1928, and at the time was called the "Seneca Mill Church". A year later its name was changed to "Ann Hope Methodist Church" named after the Mill owner's two daughters: Ann and Hope. In 1981 a fellowship hall was built behind the sanctuary to provide for the needs of the growing congregation. At present, Ann Hope UMC still finds it's identity ministering to the families and residents of the former Goddard Brothers Mill Community.
Our Mission Statement: In order to create a bridge for sharing the Gospel, Ann Hope U.M.C. will seek to be God’s family to the families of our community. We dedicate ourselves to the worship of God, the education of our children, and to the service of our community. We wish to go on record as pledging ourselves anew to the service of God and our people. We accept the entire community as our field and we pledge ourselves to cooperate with every community organization and effort looking toward human betterment and the establishment of the Kingdom of God.
The Mission of the United Methodist Church: The mission of the Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. (For more about what we believe as United Methodists: "UMC - What We Believe"
Our Pastor: Rev. Matt Turner currently serves as the pastor of Ann Hope United Methodist Church, and was appointed in 2017. Matt is a graduate of Southern Wesleyan University (B.S. Human Services) and Asbury Theological Seminary (Master of Divinity). Pastor Matt is married to Andrea Turner and they have a daughter, Dot.